1 December 2018: Lights Out
— A contemplative evening of music to mark the centenary of Armistice Day.
Along with a set of smaller works the programme focuses on two recent song settings commemorating World War I by British born composer David Bednall and the American Frank Ferko.
- Three Songs of Remembrance — David Bednall
- Trois Chansons de Guerre — Frank Ferko
- Hei Mihi, Domine — Francisco Guerrero
- Laboravi In Gemitu Meo — Thomas Weelkes
- Laboravi In Gemitu Meo — Philippe Rogier (sometimes attributed to Thomas Morley)
- Rest — Ken Burton
- My Soul There is a Country — Hubert Parry
- Never Weather-Beaten Sail — Hubert Parry
- Bring Us, O Lord God — James MacMillan
- Bring Us, O Lord God — William Henry Harris
- Companions of the Lord — Philip Wilby
- Valiant for Truth — Ralph Vaughan Williams
Current concerts » Previous concerts »