24 March 2018: Songs and Dances
— An evening of global choral music, inspired by folk, jazz, dance, love and reflection.
7:30 pm, St. Saviourgate Unitarian Chapel - St. Saviourgate, York Map
Tickets: £12 (concessions: £8, students: £6). Available on the door.
Reserve tickets »
From hypnotic and romantic choral settings to the classic melodies of dance and jazz, this celebration of the fusion of music and movement draws on pieces from around the globe, featuring works by Ešenvalds, Kodály, Frank Bridge and Duke Ellington.
- 5 Kurpian Songs — Henryk Mikołaj Górecki
- Z Torunia ja parobecek
- Wcoraj, dziwcyno, nie dzisiaj
- Ciamna nocka, ciamna
- Hej, z góry, z góry!
- Two Songs from Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night — Herbert Murrill
- O Mistress Mine
- Come Away, Death
- Dances in the Streets — Bob Chilcott
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square — Manning Sherwin arr. Puerling
- Esti Dal — Zoltán Kodály
- Only In Sleep — Ēriks Ešenvalds
- 5 Part Songs — Frank Bridge
- Music, when soft voices die
- O weary hearts
- The Bee
- Don’t get around much anymore — Duke Ellington
- Dance to your daddy — trad. arr. Wardman